11 November 2006

Some Food

Meal Number 1 in Tours: The Four Course Ridiculously Gourmet Professional Meal


Course 1: it was some kindof crazy fish that I had never heard of (that wasn't very strong), with a salad on the side, and mint flavored whipped cream (it was so bizzare - can't say I would have ever put a combination of those two together).









Course 2: Beef, asparagus, a cheese puff, and some rice. (I guess I could get more specific, but I think the picture explains it well enough).












Course 3: Chèvre spread in a little flakey puff pastery.











Course 4: Chocolate mouse cake.













Meal 2 in Tours: Traditional Food for the Everyday Person

Cassoulé - mystery meat if I ever saw one. I wonder if there was any meat that was the same in this dish. For a while I thought it was all duck. And then I realized that it had sausage. And then I realiwed that it had this other crazy duck stuff. And then it had another kind of sausage. Very heavy- similar to beef stew in that sense, but definatly several steps up from Dinty Moore.







I just had to put it up - chocolate mousse cake will never get old.













Sacré-Coeur (sorry, I dont know how this ended up in some random, boring food section, but oh well - the joys of blogging) - a modern basilica that was built
with stone that cleans itself. It was cool, but I find the random hole in the wall church behind it much more fascinating. Seriously, when you walk into the hole in the wall church and you know for a fact that the eclectic neighborhood surrounding it must be responsible for the interior decoration. There were swinging lights, crazy stained glass windows that look like Picasso might have made them, upbeat organ music playing in the background, it had added charm due to its small size, and it was somehow surprisingly still Romanesque looking (although it had quite a few Gothic elements). Anyways, now that I have talked about the hole in the wall church for an entire paragraph, Sacré-Coeur is cool too I guess. The steps are really fun to sit on. :)

No comments: