11 November 2006

Les Petits Aventures!

Oh boy. This Chocolatier makes all their chocolates on the spot, and they are amazing! Some of them even have little flakes of gold on top.










Le grève (haha, I've never actually spelled that word in French, so I hope that's right). A few of us were marching down the street doing an assignment for one of our classes, when all of a sudden there are like explosions all over the place, and a huge mob of firemen come running down the street yelling. I guess the firemen weren't too pleased with the current retirement age (a typical French thing to be upset about - seriously I don't know how they can still be complaining - the retirement age is so low, and they even have an entire program where they are half retired before they are fully out of the work field to allow for an easier transition) so they decided to go on strike about it. I loved their technique - light all sorts of things on fire, shoot off fireworks, and run down the street - all things that they are supposed to clean up after. Anyways, we were all just kindof dumbfounded, little cameras in hand for the assignment that we were supposed to be doing - so a bunch of them asked us if we wanted our picture taken with them. I felt like a tourist, but why not, right?


And you thought Provo was only a word with a negative connotation in Utah...












So this was at the Parisian Thai Festival. I think my favorite part about this picture is the fact that my hair is like cascading down the uniform, so that it looks like I
have some kindof of odd shaped beard. Haha, je l'aime.

No comments: