11 November 2006

Mes Petits Lapins

Palais Royal - a place where political minds once discussed and compiled ideas, where the Revolutionaries came to hang out, and where Madame Tassaud first created her wax heads (based on all the people they guillotined during the Revolution). Once again a stark contrast with the old and the new. Classical style gardens and stone fountains create a background for the modern metal ball fountain and the white and black striped columns in the adjacent courtyard.





So my petits lapins and I were all just chillin out along the Seine, eating our little tarte citrons, when some interesting characters pull up in their smart car and start pestering the guy on the bench next to us. Just as I was working through the most lemony part of my tarte citron, Natalie gets the crazy idea that the guy has a gun in his back pocket. But the thing you have to know about Natalie is that she is obsessed with staying safe, controlled, and on time. (And im pretty sure there wasnt a gun in his back pocket.) In any event, Im not about to leave my tarte citron, so we stay. Then they pile back up in their little smart car, drive off, and I finish my tarte citron. Anything for the pastry :)






I have decided that the street performers along the Seine are my favorite. The ones that congregate near the Pompidou Center are a little too obsessed with the way of the future, the ones near Montmarte are all a little too bohemian, and the ones in the Metro shouldn't be called street performers because they all use those little stereo things to play background music while they attempt to sing along (unless you go to chatalet - they have some pretty talented musical groups trying to sell their cds there). So here we have some big band swing performers. Sure, its a little Americanized to be playing jazz music, but it sure beats that guy playing the fiddle at Champs-Elysées metro stop every morning on the way to school.



Notre Dame et moi having a moment.
















Landon, Natalie (although I like to spell her name Nathalie because I think it looks cooler), and Kelli - mes petits lapins (haha, i don't think i used that phrase correctly, but I wasn't sure I would get another chance to use it :)

No comments: