11 November 2006

My Bedsheets for the Week




So the other day I came home from my daily festivities, and I notice that Madame de la Motte has cleaned my room. But it wasn't just like any other normal cleaning day. Oh no, because THIS is what I found for my clean comforter. Where in the world did she find this thing and why did she buy it?! That would be an entertaining history. I especially enjoy the lemon with the sour look on its face. Just showing his internal conflict I guess. Or something...
I think its a sign that I was destined to choreograph a dance where I put fruit on my head and wear some form of grass skirt.

And while I'm talking about this, I might as well discuss some other interesting aspects of my host family. They are the type of people who will always have some sort of tear in the upholstery of their couch, who have several very nice paintings and sketches in broken picture frames hung askew on the wall, and who have an old 16th century looking apartment in Paris (three stories I might add). Eileen and I have found an entire photo album of the dad bungee jumping, and another entire photo album of the mom riding a camel (oh man, of all animals, who rides a camel? I love it!). And yet they are the type of people you can tell are very well off. Each kid has two computers, their own room with a loft included, the kitchen has huge marble counters, and they not only have a house in the countryside near Versailles, but also a house in Guadaloupe (the island in the sun). They are very Americanized, which you can tell by the way they do things. They never close their doors, they are always watching American pop star type shows, the mom is always trying to force the kids to eat (I think they are the first people I have met that dont like chocolate cake), they don't even have shutters on their windows, and they dont really seem to mind us invading their personal space. Kindof differenct, n'est-ce pas?

No comments: