19 January 2008

Nondescript Thoughts

A pile of unwashed dishes sit in a sink full of stale, crumb-filled water -waiting for me to come wash them. They loom over my head, making me think of the screaming bathroom that also complains of how it hasn't been cleaned in over a week.. And yet, I sit here in my bathrobe, musing on who will win the election, and how I don't like any of the candidates that much, and how I wonder if global cooling will ever become the popular new environmental fad, or if people will stop centering their attention on Brittany Spears and the war in Iraq to concentrate on their own life and driving skills.



I feel the let down of finally finishing the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield, realizing that I will never be able to climb into Tally Youngblood's special head again, and that never again will I see pretty Zane or ugly David, and thinking about how much work it takes to get to know people in a book or on a TV series, and how they will never compare to the people I read or saw before them.



I think about how cold it is outside and how I officially banned winter a couple days ago, but the weather didn't seem to notice. I wonder how many Hershey's kisses it is possible to eat before you die from an overdose.... And my professor wonders how snails can operate a door and I don't know - perhaps it was a metaphor that worked better in my head. I think about how I have to leave for work in 7 minutes and wonder if it is possible to live off of cereal, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, frozen burritos, and Hershey's kisses - I sure hope it is.

Finally, I realize that going to the mall with a friend and selecting the ugliest outfits you can find for the other person to try on can be one of the best recipes for laughter.

5 comments:

Nourishing Creations said...

Sounds like we need to invite you over for dinner.....:)

Nourishing Creations said...

oh yeah...btw it is possible to survive on those foods...Waylon did before we got married, although he supplemented the hersheys kisses with an occasional sausage.

Chany said...

Oh my goodness! That picture is HILARIOUS!!! I'm glad that our night out could be a good recipe for laughter--it definitely brightened my life. You are AMAZING!

Lisa said...

Hey, what do you mean you're not that excited about any of the candidates? Get Romneyized! He's an amazing candidate! Go to blog.electromneyin2008.com
By the way, despite what you've heard ad nauseum, he only "flipped" once (and only sort of) but never did flop. Thanks for the blog reminder. Something fun to read in the midst of this cold January bleh! =>

Mandy said...

I love it! Yay for blogging! :)