23 January 2008

The best of laughs, Volume: 2008, Issue: January

1. On Martin Luther King Day, I had a 100% genuine "Office" (that one show on tv) moment. We told one of our coworkers to build us a snowman outside our window, so he did. And then he decorated him with ink from our stamps and candy from the candy jar. For some reason, we laughed until we cried, it was so funny to us...


Exhibit A: Snowbuddy


Then, we told the security guards that there was a creepy stalker staring at us from the window, so they rushed over to the rescue, exclaimed "oh no" and proceeded to give the snowman a new identity.




Exhibit B: Snowbuddy intact with the ugly, dated sunglasses the security guards at the library trade off wearing and spraying with mace.


2. This conversation (between my friend and her roommate):

So I was in the kitchen and she walked in and said..."It smells like fish."

I looked at her tuna can that was sitting on the counter and said, "Well didn't you have tuna?"

And she said, "No, I had chicken of the sea."

Me: "Jenn, you know that's tuna right?"

Jenn: "But it says chicken on the can."

Me: "Yeah, chicken of the sea, meaning it came from the sea. It's a brand of tuna."

Jenn: "What?"

3. The Shakespearean sonnet I wrote about spitting off our balcony:

From the Balcony

The globules fly straight into silky snow,

And cut the snow like tiny shards of glass.

Those in our sight don't see our splendid show;

I'm glad, for they might find our spitting crass.

We make some targets out of lemonade -

Two circles for the drops to land and splat.

I look and aim for targets we have made

I try to rise above my husband's stats.

The time then comes to grab the air soft gun

And innovate our game a little bit.

So fast and far the yellow pellets run,

Much farther than our measly spit permits.

I cannot wait for cold and sleet to go,

When life holds more than spitting into snow.


4. A couple random forwards:

2 comments:

Shanny said...

This is an excellent post.

Nourishing Creations said...

Wow....I love it all. Thanks for making me laugh today :D It was muchly needed.